Friday, January 18, 2013

Sharpie Decorated Bowl and Plate


This was another little project that I did for Christmas this year. This was for my families white elephant gift exchange. While normally this particular gift exchange is gag gifts, I had extra and went with cute and interchangeable
I picked up a couple random pieces of white glass at my local Homegoods store (for super cheap!) and then drew my design and baked it in the oven for about 30 minutes at 250 degrees. 

They came out pretty amazing, if I do say so myself!! I like that the two pieces go together, but they also look adorable separated. 
 


It just so happened that my aunt, the first person to open this gift was willing to fight to keep it. Its not pictured, but I wrote "Made with love from Meghan" on the bottom of each piece, and the date. She said that she got chills when she opened it, and this was something that she really wanted to keep in the family for as long as possible. I know its really not that big of a deal, but to hear somebody say something like that about a gift I made really made my heart swell. I felt really proud that I made something considered that special to someone else... 

No comments:

Post a Comment