Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mason Jars

Mason jars are so versatile, you can use them for literally anything! Here are just a couple of fun, creative uses for mason jars...

Love the idea of using them as lanterns. I don't think that I would actually use them inside my house, but love the idea of making them a nice outdoor lantern. You can find directions on how to make these on Design Sponge

Similar to the lanterns outside- using them as candle holders that are suspended! Love it!

I never would have thought of painting them. That sounds weird coming from me- cause I love painting anything! I like the way they look painted, and I think they make a perfect organizer for pens and pencils

More candle holders. Such a pleasant, vintage, homey feel they have. Adorable!

How cute is this?!?!?! Found on Etsy here but they are sold out. I think this would be something fun to make, and would be an adorable gift! My mom would love this for her garden!

Using mason jars as vases is always a cute idea!

There are even different ways you can make them into vases! I love the way they look with the jute wrapped around them. It brings lots of interest and texture!

How about painting one, and sticking a plant in it?

Or not painting it, and making a little terrarium? This crafty idea from Better Homes and Gardens.

Country Living
They are always useful for holding grains, or pasta in your kitchen- and look cute too.

This shelf is adorable! It really would bring in some fun to any kitchen. My friend lives in a really old house, with a cute little vintage kitchen, and I think these are just what she needs! Found Here

I love the idea of using mason jars for organization- especially for sewing items! Anything with buttons I am swooning over... Now all your loose buttons have a home! Found here

And because Halloween is coming up, I thought these ideas were too adorable to not pass on! I love the science jars, with colored water, some eye balls, and some creepy bugs. This would make a cute spooky vignette for a Halloween party!

I would have never thought of doing something like this! I love the look of Jack-O-Lanterns, but I really hate having to deal with the moldy pumpkins later. This is a great solution! Check out all the other similar ones here!

What do you use mason jars for?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post on mason jars! I use mason jars for all sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete