Monday, July 11, 2011

Hors D'oeuvres Party



Lately, with a group of friends, we have been having cook off parties, and all make something specific. This week was an Hors D'oeuvres party (aka appetizers!).and we all made a different dish, and shared with everybody. It was a blast, and we had some super amazing dishes that people cooked up! I love to see what other people come with cause it gives me some inspiration for my own cooking which I lack sometimes!

While our idea was to have everybody bring their dish already done, that didn't happen. Which I actually liked a little better. In the beginning, everybody was cooking, cutting, and preparing all at the same time in the kitchen- made for some fun dancing with one another ;)

This was only half of the dishes that we had! It was a schmorgisboard of food, thats for sure!
Maple breakfast sausages. These tasty treats were gone pretty much as soon as they were set down on the table!

Stuffed Mushrooms. I'm not a mushroom person, but I promised my friend who made them that I would give them a try. I wasn't too keen on them- that was a little too much mushroom for me! But everybody else was going gaga over them!



Yes, these are gushers...
When a text when out to friends, they didn't know how to spell everything correctly, so they settled for saying bring or make something stuffed with something else. I wasn't aware of this since I didn't get the text, so when somebody showed up with gushers I laughed and was thoroughly confused. When he explained how it perfectly fit the described criteria, I understood completely. Who brings gushers to an hors d'oeuvres party?!?! I must admit though, I was really excited about them. They were devoured quickly, and it was fun to eat something none of us had had since we were kids.

This was my dish. Its biscuits, with a cream cheese-onion spread, hummus, and then a mixture of veggies- cucumber, tomatoes, klamata olives, green onion, and feta cheese. Super tasty!

Little chicken bites- one of my favorites of the night! They were super tasty!


Caramelized onion, mushroom and goat cheese on toasted bread

Despite there being lots of mushrooms on these, I still gave them a try and loved them. I even went back for more!

And here is everybody with full bellies, and some good laughs. It was a much needed rest to digest our food! Good times with good people!

No comments:

Post a Comment