Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Romantic Gift for my Honey

 I can be pretty cheesy sometimes. Thats okay, I embrace it! I just recently celebrated my 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend (nope, no ring yet- I'm still working on it!) and typically we aren't really the type of couple to do gifts or anything. But I decided that I wanted to do something from the heart, that we could both share together. 
I'm not entirely sure where this idea came from, but I just started thinking about all the cool things and experiences that we have had, and began writing them down. Soon enough, I had a large list of memories, and things that I love about him. 

I eventually came up with this...




Inside, I have chocolate hugs and kisses mixed in with lots of little pieces of paper. 

Each piece of paper has a memory, or something that I love about him. I purposely mixed in papers in layers with the chocolate so that he couldn't just read all the papers at once, and had to work through the hugs and kisses to get to more reasons and memories. 

I made a card and titled this piece- Hugs, Kisses, Love, and Memories. 
Mike already had a bunch of theses beer mugs, so I thought that would be better than going out and buying another jar. 




It was a lot of fun for me to sit back and remember back to the beginning of our relationship. A lot happens in 5 years! Its also been fun to watch him open up the papers and remember too and it has been sparking a lot of cool conversations between the two of us. 


I tell ya, its the small things in life. I am forever stoked on the simple stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment