Sunday, August 26, 2012

DIY Household Cleaning Solutions

 I have been researching a lot lately on making my own cleaning supplies.I just figured that it probably wasn't healthy to have a headache and feel dizzy after I clean- what with breathing in all those chemicals. I read that the companies are not legally required to list their ingredients on the bottles, which quite frankly scares me. 

After comparing different recipes I finally came up with a list of a couple that looked easy enough to make, and all shared common ingredients. This would help cut back on cost I figured. And since I'm weird like this, I ordered my spray bottles from The Container Store cause I wanted them to be cute ;)

Since I have already had some interest in the recipes, I gathered them up in one convenient place!

All Purpose Cleaner
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon washing soda
1 teaspoon Borax
1/2 teaspoon castile soap
2 cups hot water  
20 drops tea tree oil (optional)

Grease Cutter
2 cups water
1/4 cup castile soap
10 drops essential oil (again, I used tea tree)

Surface Spray
4 teaspoons borax
1/2 teaspoon castile soap
Fill rest of bottle with water. 
Since the colors of everything were the same, I added a small drop of food coloring to this bottle just so I could tell the difference- even though they're all labeled.

All Purpose Bathroom Cleaner
1/2 cup vinegar
2 teaspoons borax
Fill rest of bottle with water. 

Window and Glass Cleaner
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon castile soap
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cups water  

 

 
I found the labels by just doing a google search for "free printable labels". Sorry I didn't save the link...

1 comment: