Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY Herb Garden

My family kindly helped me get my act together and clean up and take care of my backyard. Since it is so large, we had a lot to do. I not only wanted to pick out all the weeds and trim everything up, but I wanted to plant things and make my yard look really amazing. One of the many things that we did was build an awesome, round, tiered, herb garden. We used old concrete pieces that come with a story...
These concrete pieces are from my grandparents old driveway. Which doesn't sound as interesting, until I tell you that it was originally laid out by my great-grandparents. So right now, these pieces of driveway (who would have thought) are on their 4th generation of my family! Pretty cool huh?
This pic is a couple months after we planted. Everything is blooming and filling out wonderfully!
This simple thing in my yard brings me great joy when I look at it. I just can't help but think how cool it is! Not to mention all the yummy herbs that I am going to get out of it! Like Chocolate Mint, Sweet Basil, Pineapple Sage, Peppermint, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment