Friday, August 31, 2012

Crochet Granny Ripple Afgan


 My best friend just recently had her second child, and since I could always use a good excuse to work on a new project, I took the opportunity to crochet a baby blanket. I wanted something that was going to keep me stimulated while making, and something that I thought I could do in a couple weeks. With long projects, I tend to get bored and stop working on them- thus they simply collect and become a pain while I figure out what to do with them and where to store them. 

Anyways, I decided on a fun granny ripple blanket, and I am JAZZED on how it all turned out!




Of course, I gave myself plenty of time for this project, but waited until the day of the baby shower to give the blanket its finishing touches, so the border wasn't as ellaborate as I was hoping. It turned out wonderfully though, and I don't think the simple border takes away from and of its charm. 

Since I put so much thought and effort into this beauty, I wanted the baby to get lots of good use out of the blanket. I decided to make it bigger than your typical baby blanket, which probably makes this more of an afgan, but whatever!

Just for kicks and giggles, I layed the blanket next to my pillows- which I sleep am still totally in love with!

I tied it up all adorable and said my goodbyes to this beauty I had to let go of... I see one of my own coming soon!

11 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you got this pattern? I am very interested in this. I would love to makes it for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I found a film on YouTube, type ''how to crochet a granny ripple blanket'' and you will find Stacy. She have made a step by step film and she is a good teacher ( also for knitting).

      Delete
  2. I would love to have the pattern too please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out very well! I like you color choice. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would love this pattern for a boy blanket please let me no where i can get it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have decided to make this pattern for my Brother baby. I know his wife will love it. Fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I haven't seen this pattern before, The other granny ripples I've see start of by joining rows of squares and working out from them at an angle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also was wondering how to get this pattern. Please send. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have this pattern. could you please send to doreenh@rogers.com. Thanks


    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies! I found a good site for this pattern. Go to allfreecrochet.com

    Another place is under Project Linus or citiusa.com/grannyripple

    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete