Tuesday, February 1, 2011

DIY Glass Bubble Art







I have been really needing to do something crafty every day for the past week or so to help calm me down... Yesterday was my sisters birthday- she would have been 24, but was killed by a drunk driver almost 4 years ago. Needless to say- it's been a rough last week. I miss her like crazy and I started to feel myself fall into a dark hole. I just get into a funk where I'm sad and angry all the time and think about nothing but that terrible night. Anyways, one thing that I have found that helps me stay out of that funk is keeping busy, inspired, and creative. I have just picked up random things to keep my mind rolling, and it really has worked. Her actual birthday yesterday was really hard for me, but it was only one day- not a couple weeks which is progress already.

That being said, here is another little project I just did that I wanted to share with you all



Glass Bubble Art


I have this one little box that a candle came in, but I kept it cause I really like the look of it. I was able to take a piece of the top off, scan it, and then print it out again.

I used these glass stones from the Dollar Store, traced them onto the paper, cut it out, and glued it onto the stones, then onto fabric and into a frame. Super easy, and I am stoked on the way it turned out.









Linking this project up to...


2 comments: