Monday, January 31, 2011

DIY Sunburst Mirror



I did it! I jumped on that band wagon, and went with it! I made my own sunburst mirror. This was a really easy, fun, and rewarding project! I already have plans to make another one!

I wanted it to be a little more interesting, so I cut and broke the sticks to make a star type of shape.

The thing I like most about this project is that it looks amazing, and it cost next to nothing! I got the mirror at the dollar store, and the skewers at Safeway for $1, and then I used a plate hanger that cost me $2. So, for under $5 I was able to have fun, and get something great for my house at the same time!


Heres what I did... Super simple

As you can tell, I used a TON of hot glue! My mentality was simple- I didn't want it to fall apart and wanted it to be as simple as possible. Besides, a ton of glue doesn't hurt, and you can't see it from the front.

I started with the longer pieces, then worked my way around the mirror. I broke and cut pieces along the way, and just did whatever I thought looked good.

Once it was done and dry, I spray painted it with some silver paint, and added the plate hanger!


I have big plans for this bad boy, but I will share that later. ;)





Linking up
to...


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I've been wanting to make a sunburst mirror for ages. What a very easy way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meghan!
    I think you did a fabulous job! It was totally worth jumping on the band wagon!
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is soooo gorgeous! i need to make one of these one day. i love them!

    ReplyDelete