Thursday, February 17, 2011

Scores and Nice Touches

Hehe, that title isn't supposed to sound as dirty as it does ;)
What I mean by score, is I went to Goodwill the other day. I got some pretty amazing scores, and they added some nice touches to my nightstands in the bedroom.

I found this tall display stand and fell in love. I immediately thought it would be perfect on my nightstand as a "catch-all". I keep all my jewelery in my closet on the other side of the room, and so I like put my earrings and anything else I forget to take off, on my nightstand.


I feel like it works perfect here, and adds interest to the area as well, and for only a couple dollars I am one happy girl!

I could use it for so many other things around the house too... Which you know I am going to do eventually...
PS. That vase is a candle holder from Homegoods, and I stuck the perfect plant in there. I absolutely love the way they go together!


I also found these cute little "milk glass" pieces. The vase is glass, but the little bowl is actually plastic- which I actually like better cause this is my honeys nightstand and he uses that bowl for his random "catch-all" so its good that it is sturdier and not as fragile as glass.


I had the fabric already, and after putting the milk glass pieces on there, I knew it would look cute as the backdrop. The white just didn't stand out against the light wall, so the fabric added that extra pizzaz and interest.

The little wooden tulips are a dollar store find that I am super happy with. It brings a little bit of spring into the corner!

The lamp is a salt crystal lamp that my mom got me a couple years ago for Christmas. I like it cause of the interesting look, and the light that it puts off is perfect. Its a nice, warm, slightly darker, soft glow.

Its always nice to have something new and cute to look at in your home. I love to just sit there and admire my work, and all the adorable things I have or have made. Do you do the same thing, or is that just me?

1 comment:

  1. I love your blue pedestals. they remind me of the ocean. great pictures! Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings, Joanne

    10minutes2breathe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete