Monday, November 29, 2010

Making Wreaths

Lately, I have been feeling like I'm not getting excited about anything, and I don't have anything to really look forward to. So I decided that I was going to make myself get really excited about Christmas this year (The holidays are always rough when you have lost a key member of your family- It really makes me miss my sister) that way I have something to look forward to.
What better way to get excited about something than decorate?!? So I have been hard at work this weekend making the first of my Christmas decorations.

I started with wreaths... I attended an amazing wreath making party this weekend, and had a blast! A bunch of us girls got together, ate, drank wine, and got crafty making wreaths!
Here is what we all came up with at the end...


It was tons of fun, and it really got me into the spirit! I love how everybody had a different idea, and they all came out fabulous!


Can you tell by this next image which wreath is mine?!?

Thats right, I went all out and made a full ornament wreath! I had lots of fun doing this and thought it was super easy. I'd say at the end of it, I used about 65-70 ornaments (I love the dollar store!!!) and strung them all onto a coat hanger that I turned into a circle.

I really couldn't be happier with the end result! I also was stoked that almost all the ornaments are plastic- which means they won't shatter! Now, I can hang it on the front door if I want, and then when the holidays are over I can easily put it in a box and store it for next year!

What do you think?

I made more than one wreath this weekend, but I'm not completely done with the second one.

Here is a sneak peek on what that one looks like...

No comments:

Post a Comment